Saturday, August 21, 2010

to rib or not to rib....

For years, (since high school) I've had issues with my right ribs. The doctor told me it was my right floating rub.

We have 4 "floating ribs" - A rib is said to be "floating" if it does not attach to the sternum (the breast bone) or to another rib.

Lately its been bugging me more than ever, so I researched.

In some cases, a floating rib can cause problems for its owner. These ribs can slip out of position, putting pressure on internal organs, and they can also be broken as a result of trauma, causing considerable pain and putting the patient at risk for infection.

Turns out... there is a procedure in which you can remove your "floating ribs" to have a smaller waist.

I am not a fan of surgery... specifically "plastic" surgery. Freaks me out... and I find it un-necessary.

But in this situation... it might be beneficial for my body.
I will continue to research the options, but thought it was an extremely interesting topic.

Removing my ribs because they are problematic would lead to a coca cola shape body! haha



No comments:

Post a Comment